- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Francisco
[Is this the right type of resume for me?]
[Other sample resumes]
Sample Chronological Resume - Student
Note from Yana:
The Problem: Charlie has a learning disability and can't make change or deal with cash registers. He felt more confident after we created this resume emphasizing the kinds of jobs he DOES feel comfortable with and showing his qualities and skills of value to employers. I made a point of using HIS language as much as possible, so he'd be comfortable with the results.
Note from Electra:
Charlie hooked me with his list of qualities followed by concrete examples of what he has done! Employers are looking for what Charlie offers: reliability, honesty, people-skills, willingness to learn and do your share
JobStar Recommends for Great Resumes
150 Templates - 800 Sample Elements
Sample chronological resume from: Resume Pro Newsletter,
Reprinted by permission of the author.
6693 High Street
Nutley, New Jersey 07110
Job wanted: Part-time after school and weekend job
...Stockroom helper ...Grocery bagger ...Golf Caddie ...Dishwasher
...Theater maintenance helper ...Arcade guide
- Reliable. Willing and able to show up on time.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Good attitude around others. Willing to help, patient with people, do my share, willing to learn.
Paid Work Experience
- Worked on Nutley rental property owned by my relatives
... Replaced broken wood fence.
... Painted inside and outside walls.
... Cleared out trash left by tenants.
Fall 2005 Babysitter
2005-06 Bagger after school, weekends, vacations
- Do on-call work for parent during football games.
2005 Woodworker and Salesman part-time during school year
- Bagged groceries at US Army Commissary, Hamburg, Germany
2004 Golf Caddie
- Produced wood handicrafts; sold them to teachers and other students.
... Increased sales by giving customers a chance to try out the merchandise and show it to others.
... Increased income by raising prices on popular items.
... Used woodworking tools to make handicrafts.
- Caddied every day during summer vacation.
Work Experience in School
Animal Care Project, Nov. 2004 to Apr. 2005
Free Enterprise Class, 2003 (Junior High)
- Successfully raised a pig to sell at the County Fair.
... Won three blue ribbons. Earned over $200.
... Fed pig every day, cleaned the pen, gave the animal shots when it was sick, checked its weight weekly.
EDUCATION: will graduate from high school in June 2007.
- Sold school supplies such as pencils, pens, paper, notebooks.
- Designed, built, and sold wooden plaques which were popular with teachers.