- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- San Francisco
[Is this the right type of resume for me?]
[Other sample resumes]
Sample Functional Resume 2
Yana Parker's Comments:
Education and training stronger than work experience
John is relatively new in his scientific profession and, although he has recent experience in a lab, he wanted to draw on some important projects from his summer internship a few years back. By organizing his information in a functional resume, he highlighted his school projects under skill headings that define his job objective.
JobStar Recommends for Great Resumes
150 Templates - 800 Sample Elements
Sample resume by permission of the author of Ready-Made Resumes.
97 Foothill Lane
Berkeley CA 94705
Research Associate position with a biotechnology firm / basic research lab focusing on immunology and product development.|
|HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS|
- Highly inquisitive, creative and resourceful.
- Excellent skills in communication and collaboration.
- Skilled in all phases of hybridoma production.
- Good working knowledge of immunology.
- Excited by the challenge of research and experimentation.
|RELEVANT SKILLS and ACCOMPLISHMENTS|
- Successfully developed new antibodies for use in breast cancer research & therapy:
--experimented with antigen preparation and immunization routines, resulting in the desired immune response;
--carefully monitored the antisera to ensure presence of desired B-cell population;
--tailored screening strategies using ELISA, RIA and immunoblot techniques, to effectively isolate the desired hybridomas.
- Developed, in collaboration with others, a novel assay which identifies the antibodies' ability to bind to live, intact tumor cells.
- Delivered periodic presentations of results and works in progress, to staff of Cancer Research Institute.
- Pursued unique opportunities for experimentation, for example:
--researched and worked out procedures for in vitro immunization of human lymphocytes;
--explored and experimented with hybridoma production, using lymph node cells of a cancer patient;
--experimented to induce animals' immune system to respond to a weak antigen.
- SDS-PAGE Electrophoresis
- Radiolabeling of Antibodies
- Tissue Culture
- Affinity Chromatography
- Immunoblot Strip Assay
- Hamster Egg Penetration Test
|2004-present||Lab Technician||SCHILLING CANCER RESEARCH INST., Berkeley|
|2000-04||Full time student||US Santa Barbara|
|2003 summer||Research Asst.||UC Santa Barbara Biology Dept.|
|1999||Youth Counselor||RAINBOW RIVER DAY CARE PROGRAM, Los Angeles|
|1998||Emergency Med Tech||SEALS AMBULANCE, Costa Mesa|
|1997||Teaching Asst.||ALTA VISTA ELEM. SCHOOL, Redondo Beach|
B.A., Cell Biology & Physiology - UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SANTA BARBARA, 2004
Related coursework: Immunology & Lab, Biochemistry, Virology, Microbiology